Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lost in Chicago

We finished off our stay at the Kalahari by playing laser tag and miniature golf. Kurt and the girls did the ropes course while I took pictures. Then we hit the road again. We were doing great until we got into Illinois. We hit rush hour just outside Chicago. I hate traffic and my stomach was in knots. It took us an hour and a half to go 20 miles. Then we missed our exit. I thought no problem we will just get off at the next exit. We ended up in a very bad area of Chicago. It was Kurt's turn to have his stomach in knots. His knuckles were white on the wheel the whole time. I told him we needed something to write for the blog anyway and to consider it an adventure. He was not amused! Anyway we finally made it back to the highway and to Indiana.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you made it through this experience. I am sorry that it was so scary for you!!!! Now that it is over, it will make for great story telling.

    I am sure that you already are, but don't forget to pray each day to stay safe! We do want you to come back home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kurt says: I guess I just watch too much TV. All I could think is don't make eye contact with anyone. Just keep driving, just keep driving, driving, driving, driving. It felt good to get back onto the freeway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave it to a man to not stop and ask for directions. At least he used Dory's motto to get him through it.

    ReplyDelete